I. I couldn’t attend the meeting this morning because I had to take my car to the mechanic. 2: You have to have a degree to be an architect.
3. You don’t have to have a degree to be an electrician.
4. When my brother was five, he could play chess with me.
5. A salesperson often has to travel at the weekends.
6. I didn’t have to get up early yesterday morning because the company was on strike.
7. My sister is a university student so she doesn’t have to wear a uniform.
8. I couldn’t swim when I was 5 because I used to be afraid of big fish.
9. A vet has to learn a lot about animals.
10. My grandparents had to borrow a lot of money when they started their business.
II. Sorry I can’t cook tonight. I have to work late. But I’ll cook tomorrow, I promise.